Sustainability & Grounds Subcommittee
HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee is a group of parent volunteers that:
- Coordinate a HPS Working Bee each term
- Plan and oversee a range of school improvement projects
- Research and apply for grants to fund projects
- Seek donations from the local and business community to support HPS working bees and projects
- Overseas the use of part of the Voluntary Parent Building & Grounds Contribution to fund projects, as well as the annual Tree Report & pruning.
Over the 2015-2016 period the the HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee sourced funding/donations for & oversaw completion of:
- Landscaped play tunnels • Bush Tucker Garden
- Painting all outdoor benches
- Japanese Fruit Garden
- Bulbs and conifers behind the Hall
- 110,000 litre rainwater tank to irrigate the oval
- New AFL goal posts
- Parkour play areas
- Biodiversity Garden
We have several exciting new projects in the pipeline for 2017:
- Fencing the Pagoda Tree Garden behind the school hall, to make an easily supervised outdoor play-space for OSH Club/teachers’ outdoor lunch area.
- Rear access path from back gate.
- Rain-garden to help prevent soil erosion by stormwater at rear of school.
- Additional parkour play spaces made with natural materials such as recycled logs.
We would love to hear from parents who wish to join HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee or support our work in any way!
If you have questions regarding the committee, or suggestions for improvements to the HPS grounds, please contact Anna-Maria Kendrick on 0435 231 917 or email email@example.com
Buildings and infrastructure are outside of our committee’s scope, however parents are encouraged to contact the school office with any concerns or suggestions relating to building and infrastructure.
Parent voluntary contributions are an important source of funding for projects run by the S&G Sub-Committee.
We survey the school community to gauge parent priorities and all projects are reviewed and endorsed by School Council to ensure spending of funds is in line with school policy.
$25 per student is the suggested annual voluntary contribution, however there no upper or lower limit. Tax-deductible donations can also be made to the HPS Building Fund via QKR. Please speak to the school office for more details.
Your support is appreciated!