Sustainability & Grounds Subcommittee
HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee is a group of parent volunteers that:
- Coordinate a HPS Working Bee each term
- Plan and oversee a range of school improvement projects funded via parent voluntary contributions, grants and corporate donations.
- Research and apply for grants to fund projects
- Coordinate fundraiser sausage sizzles to fund projects
- Seek donations from the local and business community to support HPS working bees and projects
- Oversee the annual Tree Report and Tree Pruning
Over the past few years the HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee sourced funding/donations for & oversaw completion of:
- Landscaped play tunnels
- Bush Tucker Garden
- Painting all outdoor benches
- Japanese Fruit Garden
- Bulbs and conifers behind the Hall
- 110,000 litre rainwater tank to irrigate the oval
- New AFL goal posts
- Parkour play areas
- Biodiversity Garden
- Fencing the Pagoda Tree Garden behind the Hall, making an outdoor learning space/recreation area for teaching staff
We have several exciting new projects in the pipeline:
- Rear access path from back gate.
- Rain-garden to help prevent soil erosion by stormwater at rear of school.
- Additional parkour play spaces made with natural materials such as recycled logs.
We would love to hear from parents who wish to join HPS Sustainability and Grounds Sub-Committee or support our work in any way!
If you have questions regarding the committee, or suggestions for improvements to the HPS grounds, please contact Anna-Maria Kendrick on 0435 231 917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Buildings and infrastructure are outside of our committee’s scope, however parents are encouraged to contact the school office with any concerns or suggestions relating to building and infrastructure.
Parent voluntary contributions are an important source of funding for projects run by the S&G Sub-Committee.
All projects are reviewed and endorsed by School Council to ensure spending of funds is in line with school policy.
$25 per student is the suggested annual voluntary contribution, however there is no upper or lower limit. Tax-deductible donations can also be made to the HPS Building Fund via QKR. Please speak to the school office for more details.
Your support is appreciated!